Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
By “Personal Data” we refer to information collected or held by OVAL TUBES, that identifies and relates to you as an individual.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, the General Data Protection Regulations and any other applicable data protection and privacy laws and regulations (“Data Protection Legislation”), OVAL TUBES will be the ‘data controller’ and hold a registration with the Information Commissioners Officer under registration number A8278073
Whenever you provide personal information, we are legally obliged to use it in accordance with the laws concerning the protection of personal information. OVAL TUBES (UK) LIMITED is a company incorporated and registered in England and Wales with company number 04194653 whose registered office is at Unit A4, Abbey Farm Commercial Park, Southwell Road, Horsham St Faith, Norwich, NR10 3JU, England, (“OVAL TUBES”).
Information we may collect
We may collect personal information about you, including:
- Your name;
- Postal address;
- Profession (and relevant professional details relating to your company);
- Invoicing details/address;
- Information regarding your purchases;
- Supplementary information you provide us about yourself when contacting us (will only keep what is necessary to process your order);
- Telephone numbers (including mobile).
We may also collect technical information about you when you visit the Website. This information may include the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your browser type and version, time zone setting, operating system and platform, browser plug-in types and version, the full URL clickstream to, through and from the Website, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs) and methods used to browse away from the page.
The collected information is used to provide an overview of how people are accessing and using the Website. It is not used for any additional purpose, such as to profile those who access the Website.
What do we do with the information we collect?
We will use your personal information for a number of purposes including:
- to process order requests;
- to ensure our records are complete and accurate;
- to undertake sales analysis and management of the business;
- to give you information that you request from us and to improve our services;
- to notify you about changes to our services;
- to allow us to operate the Website efficiently;
- any relevant troubleshooting, testing or statistical analysis as appropriate; and
- to keep the Website secure.
We may, where we have your permission, also use the information collected to:
- provide you with information about our services that we offer via promotional emails;
- keep you up to date with features on the Website;
however, you can opt-out of any of these data uses at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org we will only keep your information for as long as reasonably required or as stated in the contract you have with us.
Legal Basis of Processing
We will only process your information for as long as we have a relevant legal basis to do so. This is usually in order to provide you with the contractual services you have requested from OVAL TUBES or if you have provided us with adequate consent to process your information for other purposes.
If we choose to process your information under the legal basis of legitimate interests, we will always inform you of our legitimate business interest and your right to object.
Protecting your information
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure and we have procedures in place to try and prevent any unauthorised access or disclosures and to safeguard and keep secure the information that we collect online.
All the Personal Data collected by us and stored electronically is held on a secure server in the EEA only. Where required, this information is encrypted for additional security. We use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption, we enforce physical access controls to our buildings and files, and we authorise access to Personal Data only for those employees who require it to fulfil their job responsibilities.
However, you should be aware that providing information over the internet can never be guaranteed as being completely safe and if you choose to send such information to us via the internet, you do so at your own risk.
Transfer of data outside of the EU
We shall not transfer any personal data to any country outside of the European Economic Area unless we ensure that such personal data is subject to an adequate level of protection and appropriate legal safeguards in accordance with Data Protection Legislation.
Sharing your information with others
- we may use carefully selected sub-processors to help us collect, store or manage your information.
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the Website; and
- if OVAL TUBES is acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- we use an external stock holder for processing non-EU sales. The permission of the Data Subject is always adequately requested prior to forwarding any Personal Data to this processor.
Access to your Personal Data
You have rights in relation to any Personal Data that we hold about you. If you wish to access your Personal Data you may make a formal subject access request by contacting OVAL TUBES.
The information you request must relate to you or another person that you have authority to act on their behalf. OVAL TUBES will require a confirmation of your ID prior to providing any information about the data we hold. If you are unable to provide sufficient information to prove your ID, OVAL TUBES reserves the right to refuse your request for access to Personal Data. The rights you have in relation to the Personal Data we hold regarding you are:
- the right to rectify any inaccuracies in the information we hold;
- the right to erasure of information in specific circumstances;
- the right to request transfer of your information to another controller; and
- the right to object to processing in specified circumstances.
If you have provided us with consent to process your information, you always reserve the right to withdraw this consent via the method detailed in the paragraph below. We are committed to ensuring that your wishes are respected and upon notification that you wish to withdraw your consent, OVAL TUBES will immediately cease processing the information in question.
Please send your request to OVAL TUBES by emailing email@example.com We will always process your request within one month.
We may change this Privacy Notice at any time to ensure it always accurately reflects the way we collect, use and safeguard your Personal Information.
Please check this notice from time to time to ensure you are aware of any updates we may have made to our Personal Data handling practices. The date of the changes will be listed in the ‘Last updated’ section below. We will notify all of our current clients of any updates to this notice via email and we will post the relevant announcement on our website homepage.
We recommend that you print a copy of this page for your reference.
How can you make a complaint?
If you feel we have not adequately resolved your issue, you have the right to issue a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office (https://ico.org.uk/concerns/).
Last updated April 2018